28 Comments

1. Carolyn's RV Life
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

For those who don't understand the context of this video, a few facts:
    Introvert does not equal "Hermit"
    Introverts like people.
    Introverts can be around people, but need to be alone to recharge
    Yes I can be an introvert and make YouTube videos — -hence my boundary setting!
    Yes, I can be an introvert and go to an event or large gathering: I do like to learn, after all. And where else am I going to meet people? I can't meet people being alone in the woods 24/7/365
    Yes introverts can be social – and enjoy it!
    AGAIN; THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN AN INTROVERT AND EXTROVERT IS HOW WE RECHARGE OUR BATTERIES.
    We are not hermits or recluses or freaks who want to (or as you suggest – 'should' – avoid people, gatherings, shopping, social media, relationships, making videos, at all costs.

Please educate yourself more and judge less.
    peace.

2. JDS QUADS

I LOVE MY ALONE TIME BUT I WANT A DATE WITH YOU……..LOL

3. JDS QUADS

YOUR FANTASTIC

4. JDS QUADS

LOOK ME UP WHEN YOUR IN ONTARIO CANADA

5. JDS QUADS

great job

6. chelly wilkins
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

Thank you for your videos because it helps me cope with fear of being around a lot of people i have three fears that that bothers me.

7. Charlotte Wall
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

great advice, all the way around! I have found, when I give of myself too much, I tend to take it out on others. not fair to them! my cure….".let your yes mean yes, let your no mean no! " love your vids.

8. Linda Hughes

Mi

9. mia condia
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

So good to hear being a introvert is ok, fellow solo camper.

10. Elisa Stewart
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

Carolyn, maybe one of your friendly's can make a cute plaque to hang in your camp, letting people know when you're open to visitors… maybe with a green light or something for at night? Would that help? When I was in college, we had a sign on our door that let people know if we were open to visiting or if we were doing homework, etc.

11. Robin Jones
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

That's one thing I like about myself I can handle being by myself long-term and I know when I need to socialize and be around others that I also know when I've had enough these days I prefer to be by myself I like to do a lot of self-care I'm finding these days I cannot handle Society anymore I don't like my life has become dull and drab no sense of adventure I caught up and making money and not having any money everyday I lay in my bed thinking about how what I can get for them just so I can let go and move on getting tired of my box I think I can adjust anywhere and everywhere

12. new creation
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

I hadn't realized it before I saw your video but this really does need to be said– loud, clear, and often. Great job!

13. Sally Savage
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

I just watched this video again, and loved it just as much as the first time. Being an introvert and empath can indeed, be draining in social situations. Luckily I don't have a problem with setting my boundaries and getting my down time/recharge time. I know the RTR will be a bit of a challenge, because I want to do so many things and meet many people, but I'm counting on my body's communication system to let me know when I need to go back and rest for awhile 😀

14. C M
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

Thank you! Very helpful info about living as an introvert. Was starting to feel more comfortable going perhaps going to a big event such as the RTR. But then — had not idea people would just walk up to one's motorhome (at event or I guess anywhere) — imagining putting up a huge "do not disturb" sign so that they don't need to come close to read it… Anyway, those were really helpful comments you made. Thank you again.

15. ABZ Minimalist RV Life

🌸Thank you for sharing these practical tips Carolyn. Much appreciated.😄🌸

16. Cathy Cudney
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

As far as people looking in my trailer windows WELL believe me they will only look once 😆😆😆😆😆😆

17. Cathy Cudney
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

I hear you GF I am panicked just listening to you talking about being exposed Help lol

18. DennisInTheWind

Set land mines in a 200 ft circle around your rig

19. GRANNY BEAR

Great video…

20. Mario Mejia

👍L.U. Carolyn

21. Mario Mejia

L U.

22. bonnieetc

I understand completely.

23. bonnieetc
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

I understand what an introvert is exactly! I am one. I love people! But in small doses. I definitely need my alone time!

24. Pamela Quesnel
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

Oh my goodness!  This is exactly what I feel like SOOOOO much!  Thought I was alone in that.  Can you believe I am 67 and just now have ahah moment!  To say the very least I have been miserable for MOST of my life as I didn't even understand myself or accept this.

25. Ktytravel w/Woody
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

looking forward to this event. I know I will find my space away from center stage to camp for my "me time" to recharge but the opportunities for learning from others is exciting to me. You are amazing

26. candace kesting
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

really good video ! So in awe of how well you know how to do this !

27. Carol Narramore
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

Your points hit me square between the eyes! I’ve been so overwhelmed for several years. Caregiver for my elderly mother and my husband. I’m pretty depleted. Thank you! I really enjoy your videos. We’ve got a Class C and love the heck out of it!

28. Brenda Streiner
    June 7, 2019 @ 7:47 pm

Have you tried the puralytics solar bag? It’s amazing. It gives you the option of reusing your gray water. All you need is sun. It’s about 10$ on Amazon. It filters everything using nanotechnology.