22 Comments

1. Tayisiya Kugle
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

You mentioned that you wanted to publish a book in one of your videos. I had an idea. With some help from people in other regions, you could write a gardening book that covers things like: crop rotation, companionship, seasonal planting, etc. I think you'd be a good author for a book like this. It would be like a research book (probably time consuming).

2. Brooke McLaren
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

In the spring I’d love if you could maybe start a small garden bed and show the entire process. I am a beginner gardener and really have only done greenhouse work at my job at the University of Florida on tomatoes but I really want to build a small bed for my apartment in the spring and try to have my own harvest. I have no idea where to start though as none of my friends or family have ever done gardening. Would love if you could show starting a bed, what to fill it with, best things to plant together for a small harvest, how it goes each week, any nutrients your adding. I’m loving your channel!

3. Sarah Anderson
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I'm in zone 9, coming in late in the game… I have heavy clay soil in my garden and I was just learning about cover crops, do you think it is too late to plant some? We generally don't frost, sometimes we may dip into freezing overnight but rarely. I just bought some fava beans and I was going to throw some ready compost and those in my soil this week before it starts raining, think it's worth it?

4. Belle Sparks
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

Thanks again! I found your site while I'm sick and c ant stop!

5. Steph J
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

Please tell me where you buy your clothes.

6. Angel M
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I’m in Texas watching your video. First time I’ve had a tiny suburban yard. Now that I know I can plant echinacea now and have it survive til spring, I might try that. Purple coneflower is one of my favorites.

7. Summer Robinson
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I love this video but I wanted to say I looked for a little bio on your family on the home page and couldn’t find one.

8. Laurie Hines
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I'm in Ga. zone 8a and started carrots last fall. I kept them covered with mulch and plastic all winter. They survived and over wintered in the garden and started growing again in the spring. It worked so well, that I'm going to try to plant more this year.

9. Punky H
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I like your cute Lularoe top!

10. Vegetable Man
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

Good stuff good info from down here around Sheridan

11. Vegan Trucker Lady
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I love your videos and I haven't gardened since I was a kid but want to get back into it I really love root vegetables but I cant find the video you said you were putting up on that in this video. Please help

12. Radu Adrian
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I had a spinnach plant that grew in the winter, by the time the snow came it was huuuge, the leaves were like A4 paper sheets, that happened in february. And i dug under the snow to find it and make a salad, the plant was just sitting there with a lot of snow on it like it didnt mind at all. Here in Central Europe the winters arent that bad anymore.

13. Kat’s Edible Garden
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

Hi Jess, I’m in Southwest UK (zone 8 ish) I’m growing cabbages, kale, carrots, leeks, Brussels Sprouts, lettuce, peas, onions and garlic this autumn. It’s been a weird year so far…we had three months of no rain, it’s just come back. So I’m sowing now while the ground is moist and seeds will germinate. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

14. Cathy Brennan
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I'm in Zone 8B and my very first fall garden includes carrots, beets, radish, and lettuce.

15. Stacey Here we grow again

Great information! Thanks!

16. Lisa Davis
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

9b. I have 20 tomato plants in pots, green beans, summer lettuce, bell peppers, Swiss chard, and okra. It’s been raining for days here and might have a tropical storm this weekend. I hope our plants survive.

17. Louisiana Gardening Family
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

Love your videos, hope you another husband have a successful trip and make it back to us safe

18. Prairie Tarrien
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

Zone 4b…ideas on anything for fall? I am hoping to try to overwinter some kale lettuce spinach in pots in our small hoop and possibly heat it.

19. Jeremy Ksor
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

I live in North Carolina ,I like to plant chili pepper seed in September. Do you think it’s have enough time for chili to have a flower and ripe?

20. circuscats67
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

zone 9B! I planted all of my root vegetables two weeks ago. They are germinating! For the 1st time, we have tried beets and carrots and I am amazed at the germination rate. The Asian pear season is over and I'm beginning to get persimmons. Kale and cabbage is in the ground. Thank you for sharing. I am 32 miles SW of Houston.

21. Johnette Farrington
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

Are those spiders poisonous?

22. Mancy Meadows
    December 25, 2018 @ 8:43 am

What zone is Southern WV?