23 Comments

1. Jamie Gillings
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

hey James I'm jay from the UK and I love watching your videos, learning tips and ideas! I have a small garden with slate but every year i use pots of all sizes and I get very good rewards especially from my tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, chillies and cucumbers. Keep up the good work from your boi jay 😁πŸ’ͺπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘πŸπŸπŸ“πŸ’πŸ…πŸ‡

2. Yevgeniy Shcherbakov
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Do you have fig trees? They seem to be doing great in Jersey and PA.

3. Seiji
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Did you mulch the areas under your trees? Or did you remove the grass that grew around, by covering it with wood chips & mulch?

4. Jennifer Castaldo
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

The first part of this video is good, however, I could not finish watching it. I get severely nauseated when watching a video or video game where there is lots of movement from side to side or in circles. In case I am not the only one with this issue, just a suggestion to stand more still when pointing the camera at your face, and when moving around in general maybe pan the camera slower, please. And by the way, your urban forest is amazing!

5. Christina Furlow
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Wow it’s great that you can grow all of this in Jersey. I’m from jersey too and I can’t wait to start a garden.

6. Jared Anderson
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Looks amazing! May I suggest not pruning everything off your peach tree scaffolds and making earlier bench cuts before they grow to the sky. They will always want to keep growing out further and you can lose so much fruiting wood if not topped off. Each peach needs about 26 leaves, going for more fruit will reduce flavor. I'd get rid of the fruit on the ends and on top of the shoot as they are the most likely to fall before ripening, wasting all that energy that could go to make a bigger peach hanging underneath. Luckily you have the luxury of waiting longer to tell which fruits will become edible. I would keep the number of peaches down to 25 for those trees so they can grow stronger leaders. Any oblate peaches before ripening will likely be split pits filled with bugs too. πŸ™‚

7. John martin
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Ask The King to bless your forest. Bless those plants. Speak life over them. There is huge power in your tong. Speak life. Be blessed.

8. Elijah Knight Sky

12:35 LIKE THIS!! XD LOL

9. momentinpassing
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

I wonder if chickens might help eat some plum curculio for you.

10. Monica Qing
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

My fruits and vegs keep getting eaten by snails, insects and birds. What are your tips for pest control?

11. George Abraham

Moonshine!! Keep faith.

12. Rebecca Suzanne Rustigian
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

I don't know anything about curculio, but I wondered as I watch your videos what your ratio of perennials, annuals and fruit trees is? Could that have something to do with the problem you're having now?

13. Fyrd Up
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Romans 8:28 "And we know that [a]God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Another awesome video. Thanks James.

As for Tuck digging….that's just his "paycheck" for keeping out all the other critters from the forest. Tell him when he digs in the comfrey to cut and drop! lol

14. Jonathan Bullis
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

ALL THINGS work together for good who LOVE The LORD (JESUS CHRIST)!!! AMEN!!! JESUS IS LORD!!!!!

15. Send the Reign Gardening
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Don't be afraid to offend anyone with our AMAZING, FAITHFUL, GODS creation. Pray away those diseases!

16. SHAJIR SHAJI
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Saho i just started gardening.
    Wish me a luck

17. Guppy Guy
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

You should grow muscadine grapes

18. AlexanderTan Arce
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Watching you from Philippines… Do you have a Facebook page or webside to follow… God Bless and more power…

19. Jessica Jurado
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

I sat down an hour ago intending to read my Bible and pray, but got caught in the Youtube rabbit hole, looking for how to stratify stone fruit pits. Your videos popped up, and all of a sudden, you started spouting scripture! (or should i say "sprouting scripture" πŸ˜‚). The wonder of a garden, and the literal fruit that's born with labor, patience and prayer is a spiritual experience. And not coincidentally, my pastor just preached on John 15, He, the vine, and we, the branches. Our job is to abide. ❀️ Thank you, James, for sharing your wisdom!

20. Spaide man
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

some farmers use wasps to take care of their insect problems.

21. mennis876
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

What breed of dog us Tuck?

22. Sofs Su
    November 27, 2018 @ 8:07 am

Amen to that. God bless the work of your hands.

23. Bountiful Grace